Friday, July 1, 2011

Hello 3-day weekend!

I live for the weekends.  Especially since I returned to work from my maternity leave.  Since I had gone on bedrest at 24 weeks, I used up my 12 weeks of FMLA by December 29th last year and fortunately I have some amazing co-workers who donated some of their vacation time to me so that I was still able to get a paycheck while I was off (which also meant I was able to keep my health insurance).  But, I had to anticipate all of my vacation and sick time for 2011, which leaves me with 3 personal days to take for the entire year.  Fortunately, I earn comp time as well, so I've been able to squeek a few days off here and there when Ella has been sick, etc.

So now that we're coming up on the July 4th holiday, I am thrilled that I have a 3-day weekend.  And the boss let us off at 2pm today, which rocked.  But, today was pretty sad because our secretary at work, Barb, retired today.  Barb has been like my mom-away-from-mom.  From Day One at work, she really took me in and welcomed me with open arms.  She is so amazing that when I had an outpatient surgery done back in March and my mom couldn't take off work to be here (Adam was still deployed), Barb took a day off work to drive me to surgery, sit in the waiting room, and then take care of me while I recovered at home until my mom could make it out.  I am going to miss her terribly.

Plans for the weekend: 4th of July party at some friends' house tomorrow, relaxing on Sunday, and spending Monday relaxing with Adam, Ella & the dogs. 

What are you all up to?

No comments:

Post a Comment