Thursday, June 30, 2011

Tasty Thursday: Crockpot Mac & Cheese

This is my all-time favorite go-to recipe.  It got me through my pregnancy.  Feel free to change the cheeses to suit your taste - these are just my favorites!

Crockpot Mac & Cheese

In a crockpot (which I line with a Ziploc crockpot liner for super-easy cleanup), add: 
3 1/2 cups milk (I use whole for a creamier sauce)
3 TBS butter
1/4 TSP garlic salt
1 small brick Velveeta cheese, cubed
1 brick Cracker Barrel Vermont Sharp White Cheddar, cubed
1 cup Sargento Italian cheese shredded blend
1 box elbows (or whatever your favorite shape is), cooked al dente (they'll cook more in the crock pot)

Mix all together and let cook on high for 2 1/2 hours, or until creamy.  Stir occasionally to allow the cheese sauce to coat all the pasta.  Makes great leftovers, too.

What's your favorite recipe?  Share it here: The How To Mommy: Tasty Thursday

No comments:

Post a Comment