Saturday, July 16, 2011

A week of firsts...

This week has been an interesting one, to say the least.  There were a few firsts for Ella.

- First taste of meat - turkey w/ gravy (yuck!).  She loved it.  And while I love turkey and gravy on Thanksgiving (or in adult form, for that matter), turkey and gravy baby food is dis-gus-ting.  Her initial reaction was priceless - that confused "what the hell is this?" look.  Kind of makes you wonder what was going through her mind!

- First time she scooted backwards across the floor.  She was so proud of herself.  My first thought? "Shit.  I need to babyproof.... now!" 

- First time with a sippy cup.  When she finally figured out what it was and how she was to use it, she got a look of disgust on her face when she realized it was filled with water.  Immediately following that look of disgust was a loud, piercing scream followed by crying.  I could just see her saying "What the hell is this mom?! It's not my formula!"

- First taste of salt & vinegar chips.  This one was by accident.  I was eating them.  She grabbed one.  I decided to see what she would do.  She called my bluff and stuck it in her mouth.  She loved it.  No silly face, no puckering... just a huge, toothless smile.  I love my daughter to death, but man, what kind of baby likes salt & vinegar chips.  A weird one.  I blame her father :)

Seeing all these firsts this week was very exciting.  I'm soaking them all up, anxiously awaiting the next one.  Ella was 16lbs, 10 oz, and 26.5" long at her 6 month appointment this week.  My little girl is getting so big! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment