Monday, August 8, 2011

Where Does Life Go?

I feel like there are not enough hours in the day.  I get up at 0530, put the dogs out, warm up Ella's bottle, get the dogs inside & feed them, change Ella & dress her for the day, feed her, put her back down to sleep, shower & get ready for work, make my lunch & get Ella's bottles ready, drop her off at day care, go to work for 8 hours, pick Ella up, get home and get the dogs out, feed Ella, feed the dogs, play with Ella (& maybe squeeze some dinner in, if Ella lets me), bathtime for Ella, feed Ella and put her down for bed.  When she is safely in dreamland, I clean up the kitchen, make her bottles, maybe do some laundry if I feel motivated but most times I don't.  I'll plop my ass on the couch until 10pm, put the dogs out one last time, and then drag my butt into bed.  It's exhausting.  I love being a mom, but I'm tired. 

And Adam helps, when he's not working.  But he works the 6pm to 6am shift as a cop, so he's rarely home at night.  He's an amazing dad, though.  And he's a great husband.  He watched Ella for a few hours on Saturday morning so I was able to go to the mall and try and find an outfit for Ella's baptism next weekend.  I found one, and I'm kind of excited about it, but I wanted a dress and ended up with white pants and a sheer yellow floral top w/ lace cami underneath.  Oh well, it's cute nonetheless.

But back to my point.  There aren't enough hours in a day.  I feel like I never have a chance to get my house cleaned.  When the weekend rolls around, I spend it sleeping in til 9am (after I get up at 5:30 to put out the dogs and feed them and Ella and get her back to sleep) and then lazing around the living room until noon.  I need to get a better handle on things.  Any tips?  What are you guys doing to "keep your head above water," so to speak?

1 comment:

  1. I feel very similarly! Even though it's even more time, taking a walk when I get home or at lunch has really helped....hope you get some you time!

    ReplyDelete