Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Shark Week

Andy Samberg - host of "Shark Week" on Discovery (pic on Discovery.com)


Who else watches this?  Come on, 'fess up.  It's your guilty pleasure, isn't it?  Well, it's one of mine.  This is pretty awesome.  I've been watching nothing but Discovery Channel (except for a 30 minute stint of news each night to know what's going on in the world) since Sunday night.  I've always loved sharks.  I'm fascinated by them.  When I was little, I had posters of them all over my room, we always visited the aquarium, were at the beach, etc.  I wanted to be a Marine Biologist.  I'm not sure what changed my mind, save for the fact that I suck at all things science.  If I could have become a Marine Biologist without the science, I'd probably be sharing really awesome pictures from underwater with you right now :)

I'm currently watching "Into the Shark Bite," which is where these two guys rig up different cameras to suit 5 different types of sharks to try and get them to bite the camera so they can analyze the view from the business end of the shark.  It's pretty freaking neat.  The one they just got showed the gills and "tastebuds" of the shark from the inside.  That's the closest I ever want to be to a shark's mouth! ;-)

So share with me - who else is watching Shark Week 2011?  I know I'm not the only one enjoying this!

No comments:

Post a Comment